Our step-by-step guide for bridging with Polygon.
Some networks require a bridge to transfer tokens from one network to another, and Polygon is one of them! All you need is the Polygon Bridge, to transfer ERC tokens to the Polygon side-chain using smart contracts. This may sound a little complicated, but it really isn’t!
You can learn how to use the Polygon Bridge in our simple step-by-step guide below:
- Visit the Polygon Bridge website and connect your wallet to the polygon PoS bridge platform.
- Click the “Deposit” option and choose the network you want to convert tokens from, the token, and the amount.
- Click on the “Transfer” button. Next, you’ll see a pop-up window with all gas fees related to this operation.
- Press “Continue” and confirm the transaction on your wallet.
- The transaction request will be sent to the network. This might take a few minutes.
You’ll then be able to see the tokens in your wallet!
Important note: The Proof of Stake (PoS) bridge is secured by validators and usually takes from 45 minutes to three hours when/if you want to move your funds back to Ethereum.